March 29, 2022 -Similar to 2020 and 2021, this year we are seeing the steady rising need for technology in the classroom. With the uncertainty of students being able to attend class in-person regularly, schools have widely become open and have adopted online collaborative solutions. The solutions that we see trending for this year are the following:
- Hybrid Learning Here to Stay – Remote learning models transitioning into a hybrid learning model that utilizes in-person and remote learning.
- Flexible Access– Online, cloud-based platforms for online learning where students can access anywhere, and in higher education, at any time if it’s not live.
- Extended Reality (XR) – This is the future of tech. With this XR or Metaverse, extensions of our real world using digital devices, students and teachers can interact for an immersive virtual learning experience.
- Soft Skills Training– How to relate to other human beings. SXSW EDU had a lot of booths surrounding this topic, in addition to mental health. These skills teach students now to communicate effectively, work in teams, and interpersonal skills to have a better quality of life.
- AI and Machine Learning– Not all students learn the same way, so AI is beginning to be utilized to make learning experiences individualized for each student. It is also being deployed to circumvent dangerous situations in network communications and in cameras to detect weapons, intruders and natural disasters.
These are the top five we think are interesting to be aware of, but there are many more changes in the year to come. If you need help navigating this EdTech world, please reach out to our friendly ELMO staff. Our solutions enable teachers and professionals the ability to engage and inspire students in remote, hybrid, and/or in-person environments. Contact our experts here.