Ansmann Horizon is please to introduce an economical, faster 10-bay battery charger.
New features include:
- Hard, durable plastic casing
- Individual, microprocessor-controlled charging. (-) delta V control
- 5-hour safety timer
- 75mA per channel, 50% faster than previous model. (**see below)
- Switch to trickle charge when cell completely charged
- Bad cell detection
- Reverse polarity protection
- Optional DC adaptor for on-the-go car charging
- UL approved power supply
- Two-year warranty
It is important to realize that 75 mA to 80 mA should be the maximum charge current to avoid overheating of 9V cells and preserve optimal recycles. Although there are a few other chargers on the market that boast 90 mA or even 100 mA charge current, these chargers can damage high-quality 9V NiMH cells and significantly shorten battery life cycles.
Until now, the only available 10-bay desktop micro-processor controlled charger under the 80mA threshold was a 50 mA charger with a one year warranty. It was alighter-weight charger that is more susceptible to the wear and tear of frequent charging cycles.